Headlines: 29 June 2022
– Crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital thrown into liquidation
– Sharp drops on Wall Street Tuesday after poor consumer confidence report
– Dow Jones (-1.56%), S&P 500 (-2.01%) and Nasdaq (-2.98%)
– Tesla shutters Autopilot office and fires 200 hourly workers contrary to what Elon Musk previously stated to cut costs
– Bitcoin is on course for a historic low monthly close, below its 200-week moving average
– EU considers total shutdown of Russian gas pipelines to Europe, which could affect global prices
– Average US gas price $4.87 on Tuesday– where in the country is it most expensive?
– Companies like Netflix, Meta, Apple and Nike to offer travel expenses for employees’ abortion costs
– Biden administration agrees to cancel $6bn in studen loan debt for 200,000 borrowers
Helpful links & Information
– What is ‘shrinkflation‘?
– Strategies for investing in cryptocurrency
– When will mortgage interest rates go down again?
– How does the COLA affect my Social Security retirement benefits?